The Best SEO Tool on the Market
Over the past ten years I’ve built 1000+ of SEO and digital marketing campaigns and in that time I’ve experimented with just about every tool that’s hit the market. Some are useless, some are outstanding, but there has never been one SEO tool that could handle all of my needs.
Most digital marketers have a core list of SEO tools they use to get the data they need. I know that personally, I’ve relied on dozens and dozens of go-to platforms over the years to get the insights I needed.
This is particularly important for staying ahead of my competitors. Constantly having an inside look into what my competitors are doing is critical. If they target a new keyword, I want to know what it is and how it’s performing. If they start marketing through a new channel, I want to know about it – and learn from it.
It’s nice being two steps ahead.
I’ve used the best SEO tools to help me achieve this and I love having massive amounts of information at my fingertips. What I don’t like is the multiple monthly subscriptions I pay for, the time-suck of jumping from platform to platform, and the inconsistent branding across reports and data I collect – it’s a nightmare!
Then one day, POOF! Like an answer to a prayer I was introduced to SEMrush.
This all-in-one marketing tool offers everything I need to find success for my clients. And it’s less expensive than my other staples like Moz and Raven Tools! Which I no longer pay for.
There are so many tools within SEMrush I might have to write a 50-page whitepaper to cover it all. Instead I’ll provide an overview of the best features you should focus on if you want to impress your boss and wow your clients.
The best way I can provide a look into the sheer power of SEMrush is to outline the key features and primary solutions it offers. These are the features I believe to be best in the market or that I’ve personally used to grow digital marketing departments revenue over the past five years.
15 Features That Make SEMrush the Best SEO Tool
The best tools within SEMrush include:
1. Competitor Analysis: It’s like having a spy on the inside. I’ve never had a client (or manager) not be impressed with this research. Read my guide for finding your competitive advantage here.
2. Backlink Profiles: Including follow and nofollow data as well as the exact sites linking to my competitors. Who I then reach out to and have them link to me.
3. Organic Performance: Including number of keywords driving traffic and the actual terms my competitors are winning with.
4. Paid Search &Display Performance: Including my competitor’s actual ad copy and keyword bids, which provides massive risk management for my own bidding strategies.
5. Keyword Tracking: This tracks change over time so I can track success/failures and make changes quickly.
6. Ranking Distribution: I track mine and my competitors keyword rankings so I know how many terms rank in the top-half of page 1, the bottom-half, page 2, and beyond.
7. Keyword Landscape: Competitive positioning maps show me other websites that are competing for my keyword space – regardless if they’re a direct competitor, indirect, or potential threat.
8. Traffic Analytics by Channel: Analyzes traffic behavior by indetifying which marketing channel a visitor entered my site. This is directly connected to Google Analytics via an API.
9. Backlink Auditor: This service is in beta, but has been super valuable. It analyzes backlink profiles to make sure it falls in line with Google’s latest algorithm updates and instruction for fixing any issues.
10. Brand Monitoring: Tracks all mentions of my name, my companies names, my social media handles – you name it. If someone mentions me, I want to know about it.
11. Social Media Insights: Including engagement metrics across multiple platforms and which posts performed the best and/or drove the most traffic.
12. On-page Optimization Ideas: This is also integrated with Trello to easily assign tasks to your team. It’s like having an in-house SEO specialist review each page on your site!
13. Custom Reporting: This includes white-label reporting for agencies. You can customize the data to show only what matters most to you or your clients.
14. Site Audit (health check): This feature gives a quick snapshot of the current status of my site and if there are any red flags I should be aware of.
15. It’s cost LESS than Moz, SERPs.com, Ahrefs, SERPed, Raven Tools and so many more!
Again, this is just a handful of the tools available in SEMrush.
All of this data is available within seconds of entering a domain name. Additionally, all of these metrics are available for multiple countries (E.g. google.co.uk, google.ca, google.de, google.fr and more.)
You could start your own SEO or digital marketing agency using only this tool and be completely successful. I’m speaking from experience and fully recommend you sign up for their free trial.